Delivery Charges and Installation
Please read the information below because it is important.
Delivery is free on all orders in England & Wales
There is now a delivery surcharge for all Scotland postcodes. Contact us for quotes for Islands.
The cost surcharge is £15.00 per item.
This is due to the distance travelled and the fact we need to use good quality partners not just couriers.
However if we book a delivery and you are out, we will invoice you a re-delivery charge of £70.00
We will phone you and advise on a day and a 2 hour time slot, we do not offer set days unless paid for.
Our delivery partner is a professional two man delivery service and we have searched for great quality consistent service partners. We take the delivery seriously for you
Should you have a particular delivery requirement please enquire before placing your order.
For large orders and installations we can provide full quotes for you.
An additional charge will be levied for deliveries if you have predefined requirements, this is because the route may not be as effective and efficient.
We deliver to all of mainland UK postcodes, but surcharges as above may apply.
If you are lucky enough to live on Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly, Northern Ireland or PO Box addresses, please contact us for delivery quotes and lead times.
The majority of products are delivered with the free unwrap and deliver to place of use service. This is a professional home/office delivery solution that will:
- Place the item(s) into the location you want to use it
- Will remove all packaging and take it away
- Will recycle packaging to reduce land fill and help the environment
- Delivery will take between 3 and 7 working days from stock receipt or order receipt for stocked items (excluding Scotland) (please see below why we do this)
This means that you the customer do not:
- Have to move heavy items
- Get rid of waste
- Have any transit damage as the items are signed and checked before the delivery team depart.
It would be cheaper for ebonium to provide a lower service level but this does not provide the service you or the product deserve.
Our professional delivery service may be slightly longer than the next day service offered by some other suppliers but we believe in quality and do not leave the product for you to unwrap and locate. This reduces damages and means we get it right first and every time. As important is the effect on the environment. We do not send empty vehicles with part loads and by offering the slightly longer lead time we are helping the environment. Before you order from the next day service, think about your requirement and believe in traditional values and service.
On some small products we can offer a courier service but this is because the items are light and can go through a courier delivery network.
Once we have processed your order the following takes place:
- You will receive e-mail confirmation of your order.
- Within one or two days for stock orders you will receive a phone call or e-mail notifying you of the delivery date and approximate time. Delivery will only be made if confirmation is received.
- If you cannot accept the delivery date offered we will re-schedule the deliivery and contact you with 3-7 days
- For made to order items you will be contacted once we have the stock in our warehouse.
- The delivery is planned and we will give you a 2 hour delivery slot we cannot guarantee am or pm deliveries but do try and help
- We do not currently offer a set day and our delivery teams do try and accommodate most issues, however we do reserve the right to charge for deliveries where customers are out after we have a confirmed booking
- The route is scheduled with a number of delivery points and the experienced teams know how long a delivery will take.
- You will receive a call if the delivery is delayed. Sometimes this does happen, but we do let you know.
This simple process means that you know when your products will arrive so please ensure you have space for them. Delivery is Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm. If you have any delivery restrictions please let us know:
Installation delivery service
Some other companies may call this service "installation" and charge for it. However, we believe in providing a service to meet your expectations.
The delivery includes the removal of all packaging, the assembly of product (apart from fitments, shelves, etc) and the positioning of the product in the place of use. This is the opportunity for the customer to inspect the product in the presence of the ebonium designated agent.
The area must be completely clear to allow access for the team to locate the product and work without hindrance. Installation can only take place in the presence of the customer or customer representative at the delivery point.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure delivery permits are available and current if applicable.
Charges may apply if:
- The delivery team arrive on site and no one is available to receive the delivery.
- The delivery team arrive on site and the designated area is deemed unclear or unsafe from a Health and Safety perspective. We do have to comply with this.
- Access is not available to the point of delivery.
- We reserve the right to pass on reasonable charges for re-delivery if any of the above issues are raised.